Summer is here! That means long days, picnics, barbeques, beaches, parks, and more. This is also the time of year where we see an increase on our energy bill.
Follow these tips to lower your energy bills and help the environment too!
- Use a Dishwasher: Yes, a dishwasher uses less water than washing dishes by hand. That’s easy! Simply push a button. Bonus tip: You can conserve energy by only running your dishwasher when it is fully loaded.
- Watch the Thermostat in your Fridge: Need to stock up? Before making that trip to the store, your thermostat doesn’t have to be at full blast.
- Use your Appliances Wisely: Do your laundry by using the warm or cold water setting. Use cold water to rinse clothes. Use the summer sun to line dry your clothes whenever you can—or, only run full loads.
- Turn off Appliances: Running appliances 24/7 that are not always in use, can increase your energy bill by up to 4% a month.
- Unplug your Electronic Devices and Chargers: Many electronic devices use electricity even when switched to “off”.
- Turn off the lights: Always turn the lights off in rooms that are not occupied. Make a habit of turning the lights off as soon as you leave the room.
Try these tips and see a huge difference on your energy bill. Use that extra money to host a summer BBQ!